Week 11: 2009–Present
For related material on the history of file sharing and peer-to-peer networks, see Sharing: Music, Peer-to-Peer Networks, and Piracy.
• Satoshi Nakamoto, “Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System,” Bitcoin.org.
• Ethereum Whitepaper, Ethereum.org.
• Bram Cohen and Krzysztof Pietrzak, “The Chia Network Blockchain,” Chia.net.
• Bram Cohen, “Incentives Build Robustness in BitTorrent,” Workshop on Economics of Peer-to-Peer Systems, 2003.
• Arvind Narayanan et al. Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies: A Comprehensive Introduction. Princeton University Press, 2016.
• David Golumbia, The Politics of Bitcoin: Software as Right-Wing Extremism. University of Minnesota Press, 2016.